Women with specific medical conditions affecting the health of their uterus will require specific treatment. However there are many things you can do to positively influence uterine health either in combination with these treatments or on their own for those with less specific uterine issues.
1. Exercise: This approach should be used as first steps in improving any type of health issue being natural, including improving uterine health:Walking and Fertility Yoga is two of the best ways to incite circulation and improve strength and flexibility of the muscles surrounding the uterus. Activity is so important for reproductive health. Regular gentle exercise such as walking, light jogging, or aerobics will help to stimulate blood flow to the uterus. To specifically address uterine health by focusing on the muscles surrounding the uterus, there are classes available for yoga and Pilates specifically focused on uterine tone and fertility enhancement.
Benefits of Fertility Yoga
Fertility yoga gives many benefits to the women health when you are preparing for conception. Some of these benefits are:
- Helps to “reset” your endocrine system; aiding hormonal balance.
- May help to clear adhesions and obstructions in the reproductive areas.
- Increases circulation to the reproductive system.
- Supports a healthy immune system and supports the body in detoxifying.
- Brings peace and vigour to your conception journey.
2. Diet/Nutrition: Diet plays a key role in uterine health. Eating a healthy, balanced diet free from chemical contaminants helps nourish and support uterine health. Your Fertile Pantry provides diet guidelines to help support uterine health, egg health and overall fertility. Supplements Other key nutrients, which can play a supportive role in uterine health, include
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
However as iron is a heavy metal, which is not easily excreted from the body, you should always have your iron levels checked before taking high dose supplements and always check with your Health Care Practitioner before self prescribing.
3. Herbs Knowing the causes and risk factors of women infertility and avoiding them is the best way to prevent it; to reverse infertility and for any natural remedy to work for you; you have to stop doing or eating anything that you know can lead to infertility. If yours is caused by a medical condition that might need surgery; it is advisable to go for it then you can use natural remedies to hasten recovery and boost fertility. There are natural remedies for this condition and we will be taking a look at some of them. ASHWAGANDHA
Location: Ashwagandha is grown in all the parts of India. It is grown in India as the crop and can also be grown in the Kitchen garden. One can find this medicinal plant in the Sariska Tiger Reserve, Ranthambore National Park and Eravikulam National Park in India. It is also found in various Botanical gardens in India. It is found in the woodland garden, cultivated beds and dappled shade. Also known as Indian ginseng; this herb is used to reverse infertility in women; it helps the reproductive organs to function properly, it ensures that hormones are in their proper levels, it strengthens the uterus and this helps in preventing miscarriages. To treat infertility with this powerful herb; add a tablespoon of the finely ground powder in a glass of warm water and drink it. It should be taken twice daily and continued till you get take in. NETTLE LEAF (Stinging Nettle Leaf is also known as Utrica Dioca)
This is a good remedy for infertility because it is rich in vital nutrients and chlorophyll that boost reproduction and make the reproductive organs healthy. It can reduce stress and combat its effects; it is also used as a uterine tonic, it prevents bleeding and promotes a healthy pregnancy. Take the tea made with nettle leaf twice daily to increase your chances of getting pregnant. CINNAMON
Location: In India, it is grown in one or two locations in Kerala. Though used as a spice, this is a very powerful remedy for infertility. It protects the ovaries and helps them function properly; it is used in treating polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), it makes menstrual cycle regular in women suffering from PCOS. It is used in treating uterine fibroid, lack of menstruation, yeast infection and endometriosis. Add cinnamon generously to all your drinks and foods and you can also add a teaspoon of cinnamon to a cup of hot water and take this solution once every day till you get your desired result.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR Also called “the miracle liquid” ACV helps to detoxify the body of accumulated toxin which can hinder conception and fertilization. It brings all hormones to their normal balance and treats problems that hinder the normal process of conception. It alkalizes the vagina and treats fungal infection which affects the ability of a woman to get pregnant. You can two tablespoons of ACV twice daily by adding it to a glass of warm water; you can add honey for taste. You can also soak in it by adding a cup of ACV to your bath water and soak in it for at least 20 minutes.
HOLY BASIL: This herb is used to treat infertility, menstrual disorders, ovulation problems and hormonal imbalance. Chewing four leaves of holy basil everyday can increase the chances of pregnancy. Ocimumtenuiflorum, commonly known as holy basil, tulasi or tulsi, is an aromatic perennial plant in the family Lamiaceae.
Location: It is native to the Indian subcontinent and widespread as a cultivated plant throughout the Southeast Asian tropics.
POMEGRANATES: These sweet fruits are used in treating infertility in women because they increase the flow of blood to the ovaries, they also make the lining of the uterus thick and this guards against miscarriage. They ensure healthy growth and development of the fetus thereby guiding against still birth or birth abnormalities.
Location: The total production of pomegranate is concentrated mainly in the Western Maharashtra, Karnataka, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Rajasthan in India.
BANYAN ROOTS: The banyan tree is the national tree of India. It is also called Indian or Bengal fig. This tree is considered sacred in India and can be seen near a temple or religious center. It is a big tree and gives shade to travelers in very hot summer months. An old custom offers worship to this tree. This tops the most effective natural remedies used in treating infertility in women; it ensures the reproductive organs function well; it balances the levels of hormones and treats infections that can prevent conception. To use it in treating infertility; to a glass of milk, add two tablespoons of banyan root powder and take the solution on an empty stomach. This should be done for three consecutive days; do this after your period, do not eat anything after taking this solution for at least one hour. Do this for few months and remember that it shouldn’t be taken when on your period.
DANDELION: This herb is very rich in trace minerals, essential vitamins and minerals; it helps in detoxifying the body of accumulated waste and toxins, when taken regularly it boosts fertility and increases the chances of conception.
Location: In India it is found through Himalayas.