What is Blastocyst transfer?
Blastocyst transfer is a technique in which egg is fertilized in IVF laboratory to obtain embryos. Afterward, these embryos can be cultured in the laboratory incubator for five to six days, until they become blastocysts. Subsequently, well developed blastocyst transferred to the woman uterus for implantation. A blastocyst must successfully attach itself to the wall of the womb for a woman to become pregnant.
Transfer of Blastocyst offers several advantages are
- Selection of best quality embryos with high implantation rate
- Synchronization of the embryos with the uterine layers
- Reduce the risk of chromosomal abnormalities
- Blastocyst stage embryos freeze as well for future use
- Uterine contractions are reduced by 5 day thereby reducing the chance of an embryo being expelled
- Minimize exposure of embryos to hyperstimulated uterine environment
- Synchronization of embryonic stage with the female tract thereby reducing cellular and nutritional stress on the embryo
is state-of-the-art technique offers promising treatment to infertile couple. This technique maximizes pregnancy rates and implantation rates. Blastocyst culture and transfer is one important step and done by the skilled and specialized IVF specialist for a safe and successful outcome